How I Manage Multiple WordPress Projects
With the ever-increasing number of WordPress projects on my plate, I found it increasingly difficult to maintain my sites one-by-one. Plugins are constantly updated, as are themes and even WordPress itself. Keeping up with all of this was frustrating.
With a little research via Google, I came across a service that allows me to:
- View and manage all my sites within one dashboard.
- Mass update the plugins across all sites with a single click.
- Mass update themes across all sites with a single click.
- Clone sites or install a fresh copy of WordPress with a couple of clicks.
- Manage comments across all sites (approve, spam, etc.).
- Bulk add new posts across all sites.
And most importantly for me…backups. I can now schedule the backup of each individual site under one unified interface. I can even automatically store the backup files on Amazon S3, Dropbox or an FTP server.
I won’t get into the nitty-gritty with this service since there are tons of reviews already written. Suffice it to say that if you need a way to manage multiple WordPress sites on a daily basis, consider Manage WP.
If you already use Manage WP, feel free to share your thoughts by posting a comment below.